Monday 26 December 2022

An exchange with Lauren Bass, on Pope Michael


Assorted retorts from yahoo boards and elsewhere: On the Late Pope · Correspondence of Hans Georg Lundahl: An exchange with Lauren Bass, on Pope Michael

First, her documentary:

Vatican in Exile (Pope Michael Short Documentary)
Lauren Bass | 17 Dec. 2019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5zs1Ir-5E0


I

me to Lauren Bass
12/26/2022 at 8:14 PM
Good and Merry Christmas Octave!
Can I ask you a few things about the Pope Michael documentary?

And, can I share the correspondence on my blog? Correspondence of Hans Georg Lundahl - which is where I share for instance questions and answers like this.

Hans Georg Lundahl

II

Lauren Bass to me
12/26/2022 at 9:14 PM
RE: Good and Merry Christmas Octave!
Hello Hans,


Thank you for reaching out. I met David Bawden/Pope Michael in 2019 while filming a short documentary about him for a university class along with four other classmates. While I was not personally acquainted with him, I will try to answer any questions you may have to the best of my knowledge.


Best regards,

Lauren Bass

III

me to Lauren Bass
12/26/2022 at 9:19 PM
Re: RE: Good and Merry Christmas Octave!
One thing - was there any indication to you or anyone you know, that His Holiness was under some kind of psychiatric treatment or juridic constraints due to mental incapacity?

Hans Georg

IV

Lauren Bass to me
12/27/2022 at 12:03 AM
RE: RE: Good and Merry Christmas Octave!
At the time of filming in 2019, I was unaware of any psychiatric treatment that he was taking, and he did not appear to have any other juridical constraints. He seemed of sound mind during interactions with the film crew. No one else he was familiar with was present when filming and he seemed to have full agency and mental capacity at the time, though I am unaware how that may have changed before his death this year.


Lauren

V

Lauren Bass to me
12/27/2022 at 1:47 AM
Re: RE: RE: Good and Merry Christmas Octave!
Apart from his having a stroke about a month before he died on August 2:nd, his status didn't change.

I find it unsettling that so many of those who take someone other than him for the Pope (notably Bergoglio) have spoken out and suggested he was mad.

I did not find him that either.

Thank you very much.

And best wishes!
Hans Georg Lundahl

No comments:

Post a Comment