Tuesday 10 July 2018

Debating Manners and Priorities with a Psychology Minded Person


1 (FB blog) Carbon Dated Egyptology? Coffin Club didn't want to tell How Much! 2 Coffin Club as Mute as a Grave on my Question 3 Third time over? 4 (correspondence blog) Debating Manners and Priorities with a Psychology Minded Person

FB informs
You and Melissa McIntosh aren't connected on Facebook
Website Manager at 21 Triangles
Lives in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia

From HGL to MMcI
Tue 1:16pm
Full story:

Carbon Dated Egyptology? Coffin Club didn't want to tell How Much!
http://hglsfbwritings.blogspot.com/2017/07/carbon-dated-egyptology-coffin-club.html


Coffin Club as Mute as a Grave on my Question
http://hglsfbwritings.blogspot.com/2017/07/coffin-club-as-mute-as-grave-on-my.html


Third time over?
http://hglsfbwritings.blogspot.com/2017/07/third-time-over.html


FB informs
3:34am
Melissa McIntosh accepted your request.

From MMcI to HGL
Mate, I'm honestly not trying to be rude but I'm really not all that interested. I have a degree in archaeology (which includes the evolution of early hominids and the eventual evolution of modern humans) and ancient history. You're really messaging the wrong person about creationism. If that's your belief, cool, I'm not one of those people whose going to throw a fit and try to convince you otherwise, people can believe what they want.

But yeah. Sorry man, I just really am not the slightest bit interested in creationism and it's deceitful to falsify data to support a hypothesis. Not having a dig at you, just the people you're citing.

For the future, this sort of thing is probably best left to creationist groups, otherwise all you're going to have is people saying you're wrong and it will just cause arguments. Again, you do you, more power to you, but it's better to avoid things that will only serve to upset you.

From HGL to MMcI
11:33am
The things that DO serve to upset me are people sabotaging debate or simply information seeking.

You did that on a thread.

Some admin here has made it impossible to blue and then copy paste the entirety of your comment in order for me to give a detailed response.

You have a degree in archaeology, and you are doing something else.

This means, what archaeology builds its data on is not in your fresh memory.

That something else that you are doing on 21 Circles is what bothers me, and what you are doing once again on the paragraph "for the future".

Hope to later here or elsewhere be able to blue and copypaste all of above and reblog this too.

While you are AT investigating my "getting upset" it is bad tactics of me to actually get upset.

But someone has here been making the bluing and therefore copy pasting impossible, and that kind of underhand tactics DOES upset me.

I was not the least upset by anyone saying I was wrong. I was not the least upset by anyone arguing I was wrong.

I was ONLY more and more upset by first Volokhine and then Luca and then an admin arguing that because I was wrong, I should not have a straight answer on a straight question.

if THIS story does not interest you sufficiently to look through and see this is what happened, well, you are being a cheat and a liar for people like Youri Volokhine and Luca Miatello, who, once again, did not upset me in the least by telling me I was wrong, but ONLY by interfering unduly with my interaction with others.

You have given a dishonest argument for Volokhine's initial dictum on July 1:st, and you are doing so due to registering me as "upset" (which I have been on occasion) supposedly for being contradicted. But my very first question has never been answered, it was already July 11 when you came in, and if you had been for every time you saw a group where you had posed a question seeing:

  • 1) no answers to your question
  • 2) rude answers to why you posed your questions
  • 3) people saying you should stop arguing (when someone had a bit more politely argued about the why of my question and I had argued back)
  • 4) people actively STOPPING anyone from answering initial question;


THEN I think you would have been somewhat upset too, whatever you pretend here to me!

Tried to blue again, and the blue disappears as soon as I lift finger from mouse. Not how bluing should function, and not what I need it to function like in order to give a phrase by phrase answer, as I intended.

As to your supposed practical suggestion, the specific information I wanted from Yvonne Buskens might not be available in a Creationist group. It was available in The Coffin Club, she withheld it (no doubt due to my being a creationist, and asking question for a creationist agenda, which was her right). BUT some people decided I should be out of the group before she or someone else with similar expertise would change their mind and start being on topic!

And, just in case you should feel like doubting that the bluing was deliberately made impossible for my by an admin, I did blue and copy past one phrase which I also answered, I only discovered the problem after next try:

"but I'm really not all that interested."

Sure, that is obviously why you came to the thread in the first place.

Valid both for thread and for this correspondence.

Ah, bluing refunctions!

From MMcI to HGL
It just showed up on my feed dude, I didn't go specifically looking for it. The random capitalised words got my attention and I wanted to see what the drama was about, I'd completely forgotten about it five minutes later. I really don't understand why you're messaging me 😂

It doesn't matter, my guy

From HGL to MMcI
"I have a degree in archaeology (which includes the evolution of early hominids and the eventual evolution of modern humans) and ancient history."

As a little side kick. I suppose you did take some course on how carbon 14 works, how the dating method

"You're really messaging the wrong person about creationism."

I wasn't messaging you about creationism. I was messaging you about the behaviour of the Coffin Club towards a creationist - a behaviour in which your participated just before I was thrown out.

"If that's your belief, cool, I'm not one of those people whose going to throw a fit and try to convince you otherwise, people can believe what they want."

Oh, how detached. But you are one of two people who were reading my third status on group and concluding - totally without reason - that I was trying to discuss creationism with you when I was simply telling the group why it was a bad idea to ask me to take my question to a Creationist group. The expertise I was looking for isn't there.

"But yeah. Sorry man, I just really am not the slightest bit interested in creationism"

Nice. Once again, if you have no issue with it, why were you interested in answering my status in the first place?

"and it's deceitful to falsify data to support a hypothesis."

Falsifying data is one thing. I wanted the data - the raw data (pmc level in sample) or their interpretation according to "original carbon 14 near 100pmc" (Libby date or Cambridge date), in order to calibrate my reinterpretation of raw data.

What is deceitful about that?

"Not having a dig at you, just the people you're citing."

What people I was citing? David Grohl and Daniel McKey? I was only mentioning they were in a different pursuit than I, they were not in the C-14 business!

And I suppose you are not considering Katherine Kenyon as dishonest, since her 1550 BC date for Garstang's City IV has by herself and others been used to debunk Garstang's support for the Bible account!

I am in the business of recalibrating C-14 - whenever I can find an archaeologically dated object with carbon date and with a fairly certain date or dating spectrum in Biblical chronology, I use that to reinterpret the C-14 level in the atmosphere back then.

Djoser gives c. 900 years older than Biblical dates for Joseph in Egypt (see Hunger stele for why I consider Joseph is recalled as Imhotep)? Fine, that means the C14 level then was as in the objects we now date to c. 900 years old.

Hence my intense interest in carbon dates related to ancient Egypt.

And, as mentioned on the status you commented with very little relevance, it is NOT "elsewhere" in a Creationist group I am likely to find those - so far, at least!

Matter or not, I bothered to answer, so I am posting it.

From MMcI to HGL
Why are you letting this bother you so much? (And you can't really say it's not with the multiple walls of text you've sent me)

I protested about a particularly graphic video of a mouse being bitten in half by a snapping turtle in a reptile group once (I own snakes) and I was removed, being kicked out of a Facebook group for little reason really doesn't matter, dude. You won't remember this in a month.

From HGL to MMcI
In that case, you have a much more submissive behaviour to group admins than I have.

I dislike getting my attention called to sth which interests me (like this) and to get a kind of lecture about psychology.

And in fact, walls of text are per se (without caps, and without my saying I am upset) no indication I am upset. I happen to like - in much better circumstances than these, so it's a habit - to copy paste the whole thing I get, divide it in portions and answer each one of them.

I am also irritated when this is denied me, as just now the bluing dysfunctioned again.

From MMcI to HGL
I don't argue because it doesn't matter, who cares if some stranger you'll never meet is rude to you over the net? Will it have any effect on your life? No, so why bother dwelling on it?

That's all, it's just healthier if you don't let yourself be bothered by things that ultimately don't matter.

From HGL to MMcI
"some stranger I'll never meet"

That is the majority of people I actually meet.

It does have an effect on my life, since that is both my work situation, as internet writer, and major social situation.

My other work, keeping me alive, is begging on the streets. I get enough rudeness doing that by people not appreciating writing is work, even if it's not yet printed, it's there on the web if they care, without having to get insulted over the web too.

Also, once again, what I am writing, and I am spending hours on doing it, is creationism, specifically recalibration of C14. If The Coffin Club had been kind of unique, that is one thing. But I have similar reactions from individual learned men I am contacting on other occasions, and its spreadking to a group is hampering my work as a creationist writer.

Let's take a part of it you did not study. Biostratigraphy of Cretaceous to Palaeocene is not your study. Most fossil finds of Cretaceous involve no Palaeocene, and vice versa. A very rare exception is Yacoriate in Argentina.

Now, in Yacoraite, you don't find a Ceratopsian in the Cretaceous and a Uintatherium in the Palaeocene (ok, perhaps Uintatheria are a bit more "recent" on that scale). You find Creataceous slugs and you find Palaeocene slugs that look pretty much the same. And you find the K-T boundary, that famous iridium later. So, I wanted to know, where the slugs divided into Cretaceous and Palaeocene ones just because they were under and over the iridium layer?

I wrote to the University which would apply there:

Yacoraite
http://correspondentia-ioannis-georgii.blogspot.com/2013/11/yacoraite.html


Close to four years, still no answer.

You say it doesn't matter, but it is actually hampering a work I am trying to both do and get a living off.

It is really not healthy for me to on top of that be exposed to people trying to tell me what should matter in my life.

It is ALSO not healthy for me to be randomly exposed on where I access internet to disabled bluing of what I'd like to copy.

But with little or no money except what I get begging, a library card at Nanterre University Library is a real asset, even if my (evolutionist, communist, psychology and psychiatry minded) hosts sometimes abuse the sitation over the top - right in the right moment for you to be involved.

From MMcI to HGL
Mate, this really isn't good for you. I'm not going to argue with you. All I'm saying is being removed from a Facebook group doesn't matter at all, you have more important things to worry about. That's all. I'm just trying to help, man. I'm clearly not so I'll show myself out.

From HGL to MMcI
You know what is really not good for me : people telling me what is good for me.

And telling me what matters to me.

And telling me what I have to worry about.

And you know what would really be helpful?

Your getting in touch with the admin so I could get some carbon data from Egypt which would be very useful in my work.

But THERE of course, you have your conscience of this work being tantamount to fixing data in a dishonest way ... well, if that is the best you can do? OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment